The Returner R4 motor by Brother Hobby is the next iteration of its highly popular Returner series. The R4 builds upon the success of its previous generations by adding a 4mm titanium alloy hollow shaft to improve strength and reduce weight. A redesigned stator with 0.15 lamination's as used in their Tornado series. An M2.5 retaining screw that does away with the C-clip. And last but not least larger 4x9x4mm EZO bearings for smoother running and improved durability.
The bell and the base are machined from high grade 7075 Aluminium Alloy making these motors both strong and very light. As with previous generations the R4 continues the use of N52H arc magnets which are very powerful and temperature resistant.
These motors are very high quality and perform extremely well.
- Model: Returner R4 2206
- KV: 2400kV
- Weight: Approx. 28.6g (30g out of box with wire)
- Wire AWG: 20AWG (150mm long!)
- Stator Diameter: 22mm
- Stator Height: 6mm
- Stator Lamination Thickness: 0.15mm
- Rotor: N52H (arc magnets) - Size: TBC (they look 1.5mm)
- Casing Material: Al 7075
- Shaft Diameter: 4mm
- Shaft Material: Titanium Alloy (hollow shaft)
- Shaft Thread: Standard Thread (CW righty-tighty)
- Motor Bearings: Japan EZO 4x9x4mm
- Configuration: 12N14P
- Motor Diameter: 27.1mm
- Motor Height: 30.4mm
- Prop Shaft Thread: M5
- Prop Shaft Length: 12mm
- Input voltage: 3S-5S (12.6 - 21v)
- Returner R4 2206 2400kv + XS20A + 4S + HQProp Tests
- Returner R4 2206 2400kv + XS30A + 4S + HQProp Tests
Notes: Key difference between between the XS20/XS30 tests appear to be that the XS20 delivers more thrust more efficiently with lighter props. While the XS30 delivers more thrust more efficiently with heavier bullnose props.