The Returner R5 motor by Brother Hobby is the next iteration of its highly popular Returner series.
While the wider stator of the R5 2306 increases low-end torque, which is great for low-high throttle transitions in freestyle. A taller stator paired with taller magnets in the R5 2207 increases top-end torque and peak power. This should translate to more responsive props across the throttle range and a higher top speed which is great for racing.
The ring less base plate has been thickened and the slightly smaller bearing outer diameter has increase the strength and durability of the base plate.
These are not for the faint of heart, so if you don't have high spec batteries you may want to stick to the 2400kv variant or consider the R4 series of motors which are still top performing motors, but in a more efficient less battery taxing size of 2206.
Please Note: Pairing high kV motors with heavy bullnose props is possible. But please be aware that heavy props on higher kV motors draw a lot of current at full throttle. You need to ensure your ESCs and batteries are up to the task as well as expect shorter flight times.
- Model: Returner R5 2207
- KV: 2700kV
- Weight: Approx. 29.6g (installed)
- Weight: 31g (out of the box with 150mm 20AWG wire)
- Wire AWG: 20AWG (150mm long!)
- Stator Diameter: 22mm
- Stator Height: 7mm
- Stator Lamination Thickness: 0.15mm
- Rotor: N52H (arc magnets)
- Casing Material: Al 7075
- Shaft Diameter: 4mm
- Shaft Material: Titanium Alloy (hollow shaft)
- Shaft Thread: Standard Thread (CW righty-tighty)
- Motor Bearings: Japan EZO 4x8x3mm
- Configuration: 12N14P
- Motor Diameter (can): TBC
- Motor Height: TBC
- Prop Shaft Thread: M5
- Prop Sharft Length: 12m
- Input voltage: 3S-5S (12.6 - 21v)
- Coming Soon!