The Returner R5 motor by Brother Hobby is the next iteration of its highly popular Returner series.
The R5 is largely based off the R4 that came before it. It is more of an evolution of existing design and technology in a new motor size that has proven to be a popular size in recent month.
The R5's slightly wider stator gives the motor increased torque that translates to better control feel in the air, while the proven 6mm high stator is able to drive the motor to its maximum rpm with ease. The ring less base plate has been thickened and the slightly smaller bearing outer diameter has increase the strength and durability of the base plate.
The 2306 motors have proven very popular amoungst freestyle pilots, however, the 2650kV version is definitely aimed at racing.
These are not for the faint of heart, so if you don't have high spec batteries you may want to consider the R4 series of motors which are still top performing motors.
Please Note: Pairing high kV motors with heavy bullnose props is possible. But please be aware that heavy props on higher kV motors draw a lot of current at full throttle. You need to ensure your ESCs and batteries are up to the task as well as expect shorter flight times.
- Model: Returner R5 2306
- KV: 2650kV
- Weight: Approx. 29g (installed)
- Weight: 31g (out of the box with 150mm 20AWG wire)
- Wire AWG: 20AWG (150mm long!)
- Stator Diameter: 23mm
- Stator Height: 6mm
- Stator Lamination Thickness: 0.15mm
- Rotor: N52H (arc magnets)
- Casing Material: Al 7075
- Shaft Diameter: 4mm
- Shaft Material: Titanium Alloy (hollow shaft)
- Shaft Thread: Standard Thread (CW righty-tighty)
- Motor Bearings: Japan EZO 4x8x3mm
- Configuration: 12N14P
- Motor Diameter (can): 28mm
- Motor Height: 31mm
- Prop Shaft Thread: M5
- Prop Sharft Length: 12m
- Input voltage: 3S-5S (12.6 - 21v)